Monday, August 09, 2004

Good News

Well, Wendy's surgery was at 8am this morning. We had to be at the hospital for 6am, which made for a very early morning. The surgery seemed to start more or less on time and lasted until about 11.30, for about 3.5 hours. That's a little longer than the doctors estimated just before the surgery. About 20 minutes after the surgery the doctor called me in the surgical waiting room to give me the good news. The surgery was a success, the prosthesis had been very loose and everything was fixed. He still hadn't looked at the x-rays, so I'll update on that when I have more info. As for Wendy, she was quite groggy, a little queasy but in very good spirits when I left her at about 6.30 this evening. If anyone wants to leave comments, I'll certainly print them out and give them to Wendy.

2 Comments:

At August 10, 2004 at 2:02 a.m., Blogger Staninfrance said...

Wemdy

I'm all choked up after reading John's post. I'm so pleased that the operation was successful.

As everyone tells me, have patience and soon you'll be like near-new.

Hurry back!

Staninfrance

 
At August 10, 2004 at 5:01 p.m., Blogger CW said...

Wendy:

I'm so glad to hear that my feelings were on the mark and, more importantly, that the problem has been repaired.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Carol W. - in Las Vegas NV (where it will be a balmy 111 degrees today)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home