Saturday, August 14, 2004

Day 6

Things continue to be a bit tough, as Wendy is having quite a bit of pain in her operated-side knee. She's having some trouble getting the attention of the docs on this problem, but will work on the second banana surgeon tomorrow. My mother brought the kids to visit today, so that is always a lift. Also, it's looks certain that Wendy will be going to the rehab hospital on Monday. We're guessing for one or two weeks. Another telling point: she's really noticing how bad the food is this time. Last time she was so out of it, the hospital food seemed almost good.

2 Comments:

At August 15, 2004 at 7:41 a.m., Blogger Staninfrance said...

My experience, too, since my hip replacement on 1 June 2004, has been one of ups and downs, but with a gradual upward tendency.

Also, my first week in the clinic the food tasted terrible to me. I spent the following two weeks in a convalescent/rehab home adjacent to the clinic, same ownership, same food preparers, but the food tasted great to me there.

I'm not sure if it was I or the food that made the difference, but I think that it might have been I.

Give Wendy my best.

Staninfrance

 
At August 15, 2004 at 3:06 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please give Wendy my very best wishes and tell her I'm thinking nothing but positive thoughts for her quick and successful recovery!!!

Linda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home