Saturday, August 28, 2004

Aug. 28

Here is a post that I made to one of my hippy sites today:

Dear B.,

Your comments blow me away. It has been a rough ride for me, but I think that telling things as they are, honestly expressing the pain (the psychological pain was, if anything, the worst), has been the most healthy way for me to deal with things.

I think that there is a fine line to tread between blind optimism and total despair, and that is what I constantly work on reaching. Throughout this experience, I have been learning a lot about myself, the effects of my past on my present outlook, the courage I and my family have had to find, the strength that you and countless others whom I have met or may never meet have been so generous in giving to me.

If all had gone well the first time, I would probably not have sought help on the Internet. Life would have been much easier, both physically and psychologically.

I would not have refused an easy, positive outcome. But this difficult experience has also given me great gifts: friendship; a better knowledge of myself; a re-affirmation of how blessed I am in having a wonderful husband, children, and mother-in-law; the realization that I love to write and not just police other people's grammar (though that it both fun and frustrating).

My goal is to really get better and get back to my hectic, stressful, loving, fun, crazy life. But the lessons I am learning along the way are priceless.

Thanks again to you and everyone else (you know who you are!).

Wendy

Aside from mentioning that I have to do my Mickey Mouse exercises twice daily, that's about all I have to say today!

1 Comments:

At August 28, 2004 at 2:31 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Wendy, it's Judy in Coquitlam, B.C.

I'm so glad to see you are home and feeling so much better. I can relate to all your feelings especially the fact that I too would not be in this position had my surgeon not fractured my femur last year.

Just a quick note to report on my healing progress. I was taken off Vancomycen this past Thursday and (touch wood) have not had any signs of my infection flaring up! I go to my surgeon on the 1 Sep. and hopefully he will tell me that the infection has left my system and I will not require another operation. I feel so good (compared to last year) and the pain is minimal. I have stopped taking percoset and now take liquid gel Advil for pain when it pops it's ugly head up!!

I am still on crutches for another month but have been told by my surgeon I can start adding weight to my leg. If I do too much, or add too much weight - my body lets me know!!

I have really enjoyed John's updates and again welcome home. All the best on your recovery. Judy Myles

 

Post a Comment

<< Home