Saturday, September 25, 2004

Sept. 25: What news, Horatio?

I went to see my surgeon for the six-week check-up five days ago. It was a damn good thing that I had some idea in advance of what he would say.

My X-rays looked great. The bone and the prosthesis seem to be bonding well. My surgeon asked how I felt and I responded positively. He smiled, looked skyward and said, "Thank you, G-d." Then he merrily slapped me with another six weeks non-weight bearing. Any slight chance of a problem is too big a chance for him to take. Obviously, his god-complex was severely shaken by what happened to me. Now, he really seems to be looking to a higher power. It's just a shame that that higher power had to choose me to teach HIM a lesson.

When I went to the secretary to book my appointment, she could only offer me a 5-week or a 7-week appointment. Needless to say, I chose five weeks. By the time I get to test out my new hip, I will have spent three months without putting any weight on that leg. A frustrating wait (weight?).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home